The Development and Trade Economics field is concerned with the application of modern economic theory to international problems of trade, growth, and development. Topics include: macroeconomic and microeconomic dimensions of development as well as the economics of growth, and the international flows of goods, services, and factors of production.
- ApEc 5721. Economics of Science and Technology Policy. 3 cr.
- ApEc 5731. Growth, Technology and Development. 3 cr.
- ApEc 5751. Agricultural Trade and Trade Policy: Issues and Analysis. 3 cr.
- ApEc 8701. Trade and Development I. 2 cr.
- ApEc 8702. Trade and Development II. 2 cr.
- ApEc 8703. Trade and Development III. 2 cr.
- ApEc 8704. Trade and Development IV. 2 cr.
Students should expect to complete all four courses in this sequence in preparation for the Field Examination.